What are Discipline Studies?
There are certain subjects in Love2Learn Curriculum that, unlike the cultural/content subjects that make up our CORE PACKAGES and CORE STUDIES, cannot be taught to all of your children at the same time.
For example, you cannot teach your seven-year-old child the finer points of the multiplication of exponents, when they are still trying to master the basic operations of maths! And it would not be very useful to attempt to teach your four-year-old child about adverbial clauses when they are trying to master the letters of the alphabet!
The subjects that cannot be taught to all your children at the same time, we at Love2Learn Curriculum call, DISCIPLINE STUDIES.
These comprise the following subjects:
- Afrikaans (Second Language and Eerste Taal - Grade 0 - 9 and then IGCSE and AS-Levels)
- English (Including Phonics, Spelling, Writing, Grammar etc. - Grades 00 - 9 and then IGCSE and AS-Levels)
- French (Grades 4 - 9 and then IGCSE Level)
- Latin (Grades 4 - 9)
- Learning to Read (Grades 1 - 3)
- Handwriting (Grades 00 - 3)
- Mathematics (Including Early Numeracy - Grades 00 - 9 and then IGCSE and AS-Levels)
If you order any of these DISCIPLINE STUDIES subjects, please note that each child will be learning these separately, at their respective GRADE level.
Now that you understand the difference between CORE PACKAGES, CORE STUDIES and DISCIPLINE STUDIES, the next step is to discover how to put a Love2Learn Curriculum together for your family.