Homeschooling is somewhat similar to walking in a relationship with Jesus…, where you start is almost irrelevant; and the journey isn’t everything either; rather, it’s ultimately about where you finish!
As you daily go about your interactions and discussions, no doubt at times more than a little bewildered and exasperated by the endless barrage of questions that emanate from their beautiful, enquiring minds – all the while thinking to yourself, “Are we EVER going to finish Grade ‘x’” (insert whatever number is applicable for your child) – be aware of the fact that
you are impacting a generation!
Mom’s and Dad’s, as you educate your child…
- You’re not just raising a little boy or girl (although that is certainly part of the journey),
- You’re not just educating them to get them to pass Grade ‘x’; and
- You’re not in this only for the academics!
I want to remind you that you need to be so encouraged, because God-willing…
- You ARE discipling someone’s future husband or wife,
- You ARE discipling someone’s future father or mother,
- You ARE discipling someone’s future boss and colleague
- You ARE discipling your child to prepare them for life… life beyond school and tertiary training and employment and marriage and parenthood and…
- You ARE preparing them for eternal life!
Talk about having a good reason to get out of bed in the morning…!
Remember, it’s not dependent on where you start – and the journey serves as preparation – ultimately it’s about the destination!
There can be no more rewarding words in the English language, than to stand before the Lord Jesus one day and hear Him say to you,
“Well done, My good and faithful servant”!
And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1:6