We have recently been notified of homeschooling families in the Knysna and surrounding areas who were devastated by the recent fires there!
One family in particular – with 4 children being homeschooled – not only lost EVERYTHING, but more than that, were not insured!
We at Love2Learn would like to try and assist in any way that we can to help get this family’s children back on the road with education and discipling through homeschooling.
To this end, we would like to appeal to families to please DONATE any of the following materials as a minimum, which you may feel you no longer have a need for:
Grade 1 – 4:
- English reading, Writing, Maths, Science and Afrikaans. (Feel free to propose additional materials for other subjects that you may wish to donate).
- Art supplies.
Grade 00 – 0:
- Any resources and materials that deal with “foundational concepts”, e.g. counting, colours, shapes, matching and sorting and so on and so forth.
PROCESS TO FOLLOW FOR DONATIONS:
- If you have resources and material to donate, which meets the above criteria, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the subjects and resources you have to offer. (Please exclude any consumable books where answers have already been filled in. J)
- Confirm your physical address.
- Love2Learn will revert with confirmation of acceptance and request that you package up the resources in a sealed and secure box.
- Love2Learn will make arrangements to collect it from you (or, if you are able, you are most welcome to drop it off at our offices in Fourways/Witkoppen, in Gauteng.)
- Love2Learn will then collate all donations and courier to the families in Knysna.
Any and all support will be gladly and sincerely appreciated!
Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!
God bless you!
The Love2Learn Team.