Levels 7 – 9 Global Perspectives (LOWER SECONDARY)
The following Challenge topics are included in the Lower Secondary Curriculum :
- Each Challenge will incorporate personal, local and global perspectives. An example of a Challenge heading is ‘Can disease be prevented?’ which relates to Disease and Health. Educators can also come up with their own Challenges.
- Each course includes classroom activities, skills development, lesson plans and more.
- Course can be adapted to suit any topic you choose in your classroom – this gives the educator the flexibility to pick a Challenge topic ideal for your students that incorporates personal, local and global context.
- There are also plenty of chances for learners to work in groups, perform independent research and reflect on whether they worked better alone, with a partner, or during a whole class discussion. This also encourages them to view topics from multiple perspectives.
- Each course consists of a Learner’s Book, Teacher’s Book and free downloadable resources .
- A write-in book (workbook), therefore please order 1 per student
- Split into chapters covering different skills
- Students can self-assess their own progress – prior learning boxes empower students to assess their own progress through their Global Perspectives studies
- Reflection boxes are also available where students can reflect on what has surprised them as they’ve looked more closely at a topic, and whether their view has changed.
- Contains tip boxes to support skill progression
- During the final year (Level 9), students are only required to focus on four skills (Research, Analysis, Evaluation and Reflection). This means the final two units of the learner’s book is dedicated to a Research Report.
- There are cross-skills links available for every unit, demonstrating further opportunities to develop
- Lesson plans are adaptable to your choice of topic, and offer a clear and constructed way to keep the focus on skills development, via the topic you choose
Free Downloadable Resources
- Will be made available after your purchase of a course