What is Global Perspectives?
Global Perspectives is a unique, transformational programme that helps students at every stage of school education develop outstanding transferable skills. The emphasis is on developing a child’s ability to think critically about a range of global issues where there is always more than one point of view.
- Gives students the opportunity to develop the skills of research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication
- Gives students the opportunity to develop the skills that they need to be successful at school and university as well as in their future careers
- Provides valuable opportunities to reinforce links with other subjects
The programme lays the foundations for lifelong learning, and learners will:
- Understand their place in an interconnected world
- Make informed decisions about the information they read, hear and see
- Understand how causes and consequences are connected
- Suggest solutions for problems faced by their community
- Conduct their own independent research on a global issue
- Analyse and reflect on issues from different perspectives
- Become increasingly independent and reflective learners
Key skills students will develop
Love2Learn’s Global Perspectives subjects are skills-based courses, where the focus is on developing outstanding transferable skills through a series of challenges which investigate topics in a practical, real-world context (as opposed to teaching specific course content like you would find in history or maths).
- Available from Content Studies Level 1 through to Level 9
- Each course consists of a write-in Learner’s Book (order 1 per child) and a comprehensive Teacher’s Book
- Each level builds on the learners’ development
Level 1 – 6 Global Perspectives (PRIMARY) – COMING SOON!
The earlier students start to develop and practice their skills, the greater the impact on their learning. Therefore this subject is now available for Levels 1 to 6, to develop and embed cross-curricular skills at an earlier age. Each course is made up of a series of Challenges, with 6 Challenges a year. When a Challenge is completed, teachers can discuss with students ‘what went well’ and how they can improve further, so that students can reflect on, and improve, their performance.
The following Challenge topics are included in the Primary Curriculum:
Levels 7 – 9 Global Perspectives (LOWER SECONDARY)
The following Challenge topics are included in the Lower Secondary Curriculum:
- Each Challenge will incorporate personal, local and global perspectives. An example of a Challenge heading is ‘Can disease be prevented?’ which relates to Disease and Health. Educators can also come up with their own Challenges.
- Each course includes classroom activities, skills development, lesson plans and more.
- Course can be adapted to suit any topic you choose in your classroom – this gives the educator the flexibility to pick a Challenge topic ideal for your students that incorporates personal, local and global context.
- There are also plenty of chances for learners to work in groups, perform independent research and reflect on whether they worked better alone, with a partner, or during a whole class discussion. This also encourages them to view topics from multiple perspectives.
- Each course consists of a Learner’s Book, Teacher’s Book and free downloadable resources.
- A write-in book (workbook), therefore please order 1 per student
- Split into chapters covering different skills
- Students can self-assess their own progress – prior learning boxes empower students to assess their own progress through their Global Perspectives studies
- Reflection boxes are also available where students can reflect on what has surprised them as they’ve looked more closely at a topic, and whether their view has changed.
- Contains tip boxes to support skill progression
- During the final year (Level 9), students are only required to focus on four skills (Research, Analysis, Evaluation and Reflection). This means the final two units of the learner’s book is dedicated to a Research Report.
- There are cross-skills links available for every unit, demonstrating further opportunities to develop
- Lesson plans are adaptable to your choice of topic, and offer a clear and constructed way to keep the focus on skills development, via the topic you choose
Free Downloadable Resources
- Will be made available after your purchase of a course