Our Statement of Faith
(And the History Behind the Love2Learn Logo Designs)
Dear fellow and prospective Home-Educator… Welcome to Love2Learn Curriculum!
Love2Learn Curriculum stands on the triune doctrinal foundation of:
- The unique authority of the Word of God the Father. We believe that the Bible is the only written revelation of and from God and that it is therefore all we need for faith and life.
- The Lordship and centrality of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son and the full revelation of the Godhead to mankind. He is head of the church and Lord of our lives. As a result, we are to base our doctrine and practice on what He said and did.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit. We believe that we are to trust and obey God the Holy Spirit and that we are to embrace all that the Scriptures reveal of Him and His ministry.
The world still has a way to go before homeschooling is openly embraced and recognised as the better option for the education of our children and ultimately for preparing them for life!
We have watched with growing excitement and an unequivocal acknowledgement of God’s grace and provision how homeschooling has mushroomed since we first started homeschooling our own two daughters in early 2000, both internationally and more-so in South Africa. It has been so encouraging to see the trend in society gravitate from an initial antagonistic suspicion, to intrigue and in more recent years, tentative acceptance and at times even admiration!
The world still has a way to go before homeschooling is openly embraced and recognised as the better option for the education of our children and ultimately preparing them for life.
We have been privileged over the years, via numerous television and radio interviews as well as seminars and presentations, to share our passion for homeschooling and Love2Learn Curriculum with families; and we are both delighted and humbled that today Love2Learn is used by independent learning centres and cottage schools in three countries and homeschooling families in more than 25 countries, across the globe!
It is with great joy and an acknowledgement of God’s abundant grace, guidance and patience that we take this opportunity to introduce you to Love2Learn Curriculum and our commitment to Bring Life to Learning!
Our prayer is that you too will embrace homeschooling as the marvelous catalyst that God has given each one of us as parents, for restoring families and impacting generations – ultimately producing God-honouring, vibrant and effective members of society, in our precious children!
We would love to have the pleasure and privilege of walking alongside you on this journey.
May God in His unmerited grace, grant you wisdom and discernment in making this wonderful, life-changing move.
Yours in homeschooling!
Marc and Ivana Ries and the Love2Learn Team
The History Behind the Love2Learn Logo Designs
We were very deliberate in both our colour choice and design.
- The “Crown” is an unequivocal acknowledgement of the fact that we seek to honour and serve the Lord Jesus Christ as our King! “As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord” Joshua 24:15.
- The use of gold in our logo is highly significant for two reasons: Gold is considered to be both precious and valuable – much like our children, only they are much, much more so!
- The numeral “2” (as opposed to the letters “to” or “two”) reminds us of our united efforts to honour the Lord, in that He is with us, guiding and ordering our (Love2Learn’s) efforts to supply curriculum to you; and, at the same time, He is with you in your efforts, as you seek to disciple your children through homeschooling. As Paul says, we are co-workers with God (1 Corinthians 3:9) – how awesome is that!
- We carried the gold colour from the “Crown” through to the “2”, as a depiction and reminder of the fact that we are not homeschooling on our own. God, in the person and power of His Holy Spirit, is always with us, strengthening, guiding, comforting and undertaking for us as we walk this journey – Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Bring Life to Learning” too has a double-meaning…
1. The beautiful, full-colour and photo-rich books and resources that permeate throughout Love2Learn, ensure that a child experience a “living” education. The books make the child want to turn the page; they capture the imagination, captivate and escalate a child to new planes and levels of thinking.
2. More importantly, the very best way to Bring LIFE to Learning in a child’s education, is to teach them to get to know Jesus – who is Life, serve Him and become more like Him; and help others to do the same.
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
With the “L2L” “icon” logo, we have tried to give further emphasis to this by placing the crown above, so that it clearly depicts (and acknowledges) His covering over all of us.
To Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~Jude 1:24-25